Wyoming Board of Professional Geologists
2617 E. Lincolnway, Suite I, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
(307) 742-1118 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(In PDF Format)
Thank you for your interest in certification as a geologist-in-training or licensure as a professional geologist in Wyoming. To ensure you have everything you need for submission of your application, please take time to verify that you have downloaded each of the following items:
- Cover Letter
- Application Instructions
- Applicant Checklist and Schedule of Licensing Fees
- Application for Licensing
- Request for Transcripts and Verification of Degree(s)
- Professional Reference Form (3 copies)
- Supplementary Information Sheet (2 copies)
- Verification of Lawful Presence
- Verification of Licensure
- Wyoming Geologists Practice Act (Wyoming Statutes §33-41-101 through §33-41-121)
- and Promulgated Rules and Regulations.
You must read these documents thoroughly before completing your application. There are different requirements required for the PG license and the GIT certification.
Return your completed application and appropriate application fee to the Board.
A personal check, money order, or credit card is acceptable for payment of fees to:
2617 E. Lincolnway, Suite I
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Attention: Exam Applicants
Properly completed applications, including all supporting documentation (transcripts and references and payments) must be received in the Board office via postal mail or e-mail at least ninety (90) days prior to examination dates. Please see the Important Deadline information in this website.
If the Board has not received and approved an application by the order deadline for a specific examination date, the application will be processed for the next examination date.
CRITICAL EXAM INFORMATION BELOW:
Fall Exams October 2, 2020 FG and PG exams administered
Applications for the Fall 2020 (October 2, 2020) exam session are being accepted now.
All documents may be emailed to email@example.com
See "Important Dates" column
Contact your Board office with your questions at 307-742-1118
IMPORTANT DATES TO MARK ON YOUR CALENDAR FOR OCTOBER 2020 EXAMS:
- July 6, 2020 - Deadline to have submitted a complete application packet to be considered for the Fall 2020 exam date.
- July 7-24, 2020 Notification of Board approvals occur.
- August 3, 2020 deadline to receive your Notice of Intent and payment to reserve a seat for the Fall exam date
- October 2, 2020 - EXAM DAY
Fall 2020 - October 2
Spring 2021 - March 19
Fall 2021 - October 1
Spring 2022 - March 18
Fall 2022 - September 30
DOES LICENSURE OF GEOLOGISTS PROTECT THE PUBLIC AND THE ENVIRONMENT? YES!
Geologists make use of their special knowledge for the benefit of the public: from the obvious, e.g., exploration and development of mineral resources plus development of water resources’ to the less obvious, e.g., evaluating the stability of foundations for buildings, dams, bridges and roadways, plus many others. Few other professions affect the public more than geology, especially through collaboration with the construction and engineering professions. A popular saying with much merit: "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice."
Geologists interpret, engineers design and build. Geologists investigate earth materials and processes and advise how to compensate for those conditions to assure safety. Engineers take this information, and working with geologists and others, determine how to design and build safe structures in a cost-effective manner.